Wednesday 30 April 2008

Livers and lookers

Well, I finally learnt the liver. Had a really good PBL session yesterday where we blitzed the whole thing, and with me having made the decision to stay in the night before and do some work for a change, I understood it. It's a big relief!

Have moved back onto a diabetic/endocrinology ward, which is alright. I was taking a history from a patient who was my age yesterday. It was really odd, I'm used to patients being significantly older than me. Getting the balance right between professional and human is more difficult with younger patients I think.

Our junior doctors are really great. Both have offered us teaching every day, and are sympathetic to our upcoming exam pressures. A few months ago I was embarrassed to have a guess or ask silly questions when I didn't know the answers, now I am comfortable enough to throw out random words and say when I'm not sure, and nice teachers really help that and mean I get much more out of it. It helps as well that one of them is quite hot. Lol.

All in all, I've had a really good few days. I only hope this good mood sticks with me during the next fortnight before my written exam...

No comments: